Balanced Living Chiropractic
(989) 495-9003 Midland
Maybe it’s as simple as keeping a positive attitude - or perhaps you are in need of a lifestyle makeover. Either way, following your NUCCA specialist’s recommendations is key to getting the most benefit from your NUCCA sessions. These guidelines will help:
- Stick to the treatment schedule designed for you. Life happens, and sometimes it’s difficult to put ourselves first, but regular, timely adjustments are key.
- Avoid stressful situations whenever possible, especially before and after your chiropractic appointments. If you are relaxed, the adjustment will work better, and last longer!
- Avoid caffeine, nicotine and alcohol prior to an office visit; these substances can alter nerve and muscle activity.
- Follow all ‘home care’ instructions to the letter. Supplemental treatments, such as applying hot or cold packs, or daily stretching, go a long way to ensure the success of your chiropractic care. Please read carefully all written information or instructions.
- Sleep on your back, or on your side, never on your stomach. Always use a pillow to support your neck; to relieve stress on your lower back, place a pillow under your knees (back sleepers) or between your knees (side sleepers) while you sleep. If a particular motion hurts, STOP!
- Slow down! Ligaments and muscles take time to retrain; this process can’t be rushed!
- Don’t try to be your own doctor. We are here to answer any questions you may have, but self-administered remedies rarely work, and may even cause a setback in the healing process.
- Please let us know if your condition changes, for better or worse.
- Sit up straight. Don’t cross your legs.
- Lift properly, with knees bent and back straight.
NUCCA Spinal Balance Guidelines